Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pregnancy is Amazing

For now I did sign up to get e-mails with my baby's development. It is really fascinating to see it from the beginning, to be more conscious of how important these beginning stages are. Like right now the baby is the size of a poppy seed which is not much bigger than a period <.> Wow. Next week the baby's organs already start developing and the baby's heart starts beating at six weeks. I've known this already, but I don't know how much I've thought about it this early on. It still, and will always amaze me. The human body is amazing, how it's created and grows prenatally. So, I want to make sure I'm getting what I need to ensure, as best I can, that the baby has everything s/he needs to develop.

When I started feeling nauseous and not knowing why because it was so odd (stomach flu), I did start taking a B Complex for the folic acid. When I felt really icky I didn't so it wasn't perfect, but I don't know that I've ever taken a prenatal before I got pregnant to ensure I had it the first month, when it's most important. Bad, I know. So, I'm back to taking it anyway. I'm also trying to eat two eggs most days for the protein. That's a big "Bradley" thing. I can't remember what the diet is actually called. I'll probably do some hunting to see what else I can find because it's also recommended to have several dairy items. I drink 90% less milk than I have for any pregnancy because for the last several months I've cut it out for the most part due to my lactose sensitivity, aka I love milk, it doesn't love me :-P And from things I've learned this last year, it's not all its cracked up to be anyway.  

I'm starting to feel the tiredness a bit. I need to get to bed right now! It's almost 11pm. I want to make sure I'm not up past 11pm anymore, except on a rare occasion perhaps and aim more for 10pm so I get adequate rest. Even when I'm not pregnant, if I'm SUPER exhausted because I got only a few-handful of hours of sleep. I get queasy. So, I don't need to add that to the potential that's there already. I've felt a bit queasy here or there, but thankfully it doesn't last. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I really need to get my butt in gear this week and get the house picked up and do some major laundry overhauling. This way, I'm better prepared on many levels. That's it for now. Good night.

PS Tomorrow Aime and Tyler are revealing what sex their baby is. Kim is baking a cake and it will have blue or pink in the middle :-P Since it is miss Aimee though, she couldn't hold out and told both myself and Rob separately :-P It's a BOY! Tomorrow is also Grannie and Grandpa Steffler's 65th Wedding Anniversary. How special! So I need to get in bed because I need to make a German Chocolate Cake before church. Ahhh! Wish me luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment